Drivers urged to follow ‘golden rule’ for car tax to avoid extra costs 'in the long run'

Drivers need to make a SORN if the vehicle is not taxed, not insured, if they plan to break the car down to sell for parts or if they want to buy or receive a vehicle.

Even if the car is uninsured for a short period of time, the car must have a SORN.

For example, if there is a delay in renewing their car insurance policy, it must still be designated as “off the road”.

Drivers can also be fined for not having the correct car insurance policy, including a fixed penalty of £100 for having no insurance whatsoever.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.