The Royal Family will keep a “business as usual approach” as the Netflix series is rumoured to release this week, reports claim. It comes at a time there were claims that Prince William and King Charles were in “crisis talks” about the upcoming Netflix documentary.
The Mail on Sunday reported that there were claims that both King Charles and Queen Camilla are “wearied” by Prince Harry and Meghan’s public criticism of the monarchy.
However, a new source from Buckingham Palace has said the Royal Family will carry on as normal, and said: “We are not going to be blown off course by squalls from across the Atlantic”.
The source added: “It’s likely to be a difficult few weeks but really after that what on earth more can they have to say?
“It’s all going to start to become a very ‘end of the pier’ show if they are not careful, hawking around the same complaints on talk shows and documentaries.
“Surely a time will come when even they realise they have got to get on with their lives? The rest of the family certainly want to.”
Although Netflix has not officially announced a date for the documentary, except to say it is “coming soon” in the trailer released last week, it has been predicted that it could come out on Thursday, December 8.
This week, both King Charles and Queen Camilla are expected to be busy with several royal engagements, and on Monday, King Charles will promote Britain’s inter-faith community in Luton.
The King will meet local community leaders and voluntary organisations, including Bedfordshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner Festus Akinbusoye, who in childhood was supported by the Prince’s Trust.
On Wednesday, Queen Camilla will hold her annual event in which she invites terminally ill children from both Helen & Douglas House and Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity to decorate the Clarence House Christmas tree.
She has previously personally served dinner to the children, with the classic dish of sausages and mash, and this year has arranged a special visit from Santa Clause to surprise the children.
READ MORE: Kate and William refuse to let Harry and Meghan derail them
The Buckingham Palace source added that “their Majesties are getting on with what’s important.”
The sources have said there is “mounting frustration and exhaustion” as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have made multiple public complaints about their alleged treatment by the Royal Family.
The Netflix trailer that was released online seems will cover the topic of the Royal Family, as one notable point in the mostly black-and-white trailer includes a voiceover from Prince Harry in which he says: “No-one sees what’s happening behind closed doors.”
The voiceover appears alongside a picture of Meghan crying which then cuts to a picture of the royal family, in which Kate Middleton states to the camera.
Prince Harry accused of buying into ‘Hollywood narrative’ [REPORT]
Netflix’s own advisers question timing of Sussexes trailer [INSIGHT]
Harry and Meghan ‘trying to take down’ Prince and Princess of Wales [REVEAL]
The new documentary may cover the allegations of racism within the Royal Family, as in 2021 both Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were interviewed by Oprah Winfrey in which the Sussexes alleged someone within the family had commented on the skin colour of Archie, their son.
The Mirror newspaper has reported that one topic expected to be covered in the documentary is Prince Harry dealing with the death of his mother, Princess Diana, through therapy.
The series may also explore Prince Harry’s thoughts on King Charles’s affair with Queen Camilla during his marriage to Princess Diana.
The Mail on Sunday reported that a source from Buckingham Palace was baffled at what else the Sussexes could talk about and that they risked “hawking around the same complaints on talk shows and documentaries”.
They added: “Surely a time will come when even they realise they have got to get on with their lives? The rest of the family certainly want to.”