Tyson Fury has claimed that he will not be fighting Anthony Joshua as the 32-year-old failed to sign a contract by his deadline and the Gypsy King will now move onto other opportunities. Fury posted a video to social media calling Joshua out for not meeting a deadline of 5.00pm on Monday.
Fury initially told Joshua to sign the deal by Monday, before again posting to Instagram to give him until 5.00pm to sign on the dotted line. After the deadline passed, Fury posted another video taking aim at the man who most recently lost to Oleksandr Usyk.
“Well guys it’s official,” Fury told Instagram after the deadline passed. “D-day has come and gone. It has gone past five o’clock Monday, no contract has been signed. It’s officially over for Joshua. It’s now out in the cold with the wolfpack.
“Forget about it, idiot, coward, s*******, bodybuilder, always knew it. Always knew you didn’t have the minerals to fight the Gypsy King. Regardless of what the f*** you say now I don’t really care. Good luck with your career and your life, end of. Peace out.”
JUST IN: Joe Joyce sends message to Oleksandr Usyk after stunning Joseph Parker knockout
Joshua took to social media to reply to Fury’s earlier message. “It’s not in my hands,” Joshua said. “It’s with the legal team. That’s why you hire lawyers. You know the history of boxing, make sure you get your legal terms right. Of course, I’m going to sign a contract. It’s just with some lawyers at the minute.”
Fury previously claimed that he would fight Mahmoud Charr on December 3 in Cardiff if the bout with Joshua did not go ahead.
The 34-year-old laid the gauntlet down to the German in a social media post. “If he don’t sign today you are in big G,” Fury said. “And you can show them how a real man throws down.”