Doing laundry can often be time-consuming, and a chore many of us may put off until that pile is too big to ignore. But the satisfaction of clean clothes and the smell of fresh washing is a reward like no other. But did you know you could be making a key mistake if you use washing pods?
There is a range of washing tablets or pods on the market, depending on your family’s needs.
From all-in-one pods to colour washing and tablets specifically for your whites wash, popping to your local supermarket will show you the variety.
You may think using washing pods is as easy as chucking it into the machine, but there’s a specific order to adding clothes and pods.
For the most efficient wash, you need to add the washing tablet first according to Ariel.
Read More: Smelly washing machine? The two steps to properly clean your machine
– The number of PODS depends on the load size, soiling and water hardness, see our dosing guide in the section below
– Place clothes into the washing machine and set on top of the washing capsule
– Select the appropriate wash cycle, based on the garments’ fabric care labels
– Close box after use and for child safety, keep out of reach of children
– And the concentrated mixture in pods can’t be used to hand wash your clothes – you’ll need to stick to regular detergent for that.
Like any household detergent, store safely and keep away from children.
Cleaning your washing machine is also important, as a dirty machine won’t clean your clothes effectively.
According to Currys, you should give your washing machine a thorough clean at least once a month to keep it in top condition.
You can do this by running a maintenance wash, and add a specialist machine cleaner.
First, make sure your washing machine is empty, and then add the cleaner to the manufacturer’s instructions.
You can also use two cups of white vinegar, half a cup of water and a quarter cup of bicarbonate of soda if you have no cleaner to hand.
Run your machine using the cotton cycle, and make sure your temperature is set to the hottest.
After the cycle has finished, you can clean under the seal to wipe away any water or dirt.
Leave your machine door open to dry the inside out.